Sunday, January 31, 2010

one of those days

I was so tired when I woke up, last night really drained me and whats worse is that I have a huge 2hr drive in front of me ugh!

Once I got to school’s prac day i was so glad I pushed myself through the horrid morning. I learnt so much again today, I got to work on a 4yo mare standard bred, she was a real sweetie. We only got to do a 20min massage each side due to the heat as it wouldn't be fair to the horse if we got them too hot etc. I was shown how to do leg stretches and wow it was awesome to learn how to do it properly, usually I'm so nervous at the back legs of a horse I don't really know and here I am up close holding that back leg and hoof with ease, the whole day was super and it really gave me that extra push I needed to make me realize that yes I really want to do this course and do well, at times when there is a such a gap between classes I feel that the interest wears off slightly so I'm wrapped I'm this excited all over again about this course.

We got to finish early seeing as it was only getting hotter and the flies were unbearable. I called Damian to see how the house inspection went and he said they were in and out within 10mins. When I got into Frankston the car started to play up, it felt as though the petrol wasn't getting through. By the time I got through the many intersections it stalled right on the Heatherhill road intersection and I just rolled up on to the median strip. I called Damian and he said to tap the fuel container under the car, then let it cool and try again, after 15mins the car started up and I headed off I only got 500m down the road and the car stalled again, there was no charge in the battery so I told Damian to come and get me. It didn't take too long for the cool change to come through, we got rain and all and was a nice relief. Damian and Craig jumped the car and they followed me back to Jacinta’s. They are so good to us, she watched Josh and had a cold beer waiting for us when we got there.

We headed off to get Lilly from Nana Junes and then out to feed the ponies, we had a cheats dinner of charcoal chicken and chips, kids hopped into bed and I sighed ‘thank goodness that day is over!’

I snapped a pic of Lillian’s pony ‘Prince’ He is the easiest horse to photograph and well he’s such a pretty boy so its also fun to do …

2010-02-06 18-20-14

No comments:

Post a Comment