Tuesday, January 5, 2010

sun, sand & surf

I actually got to sleep in this morning! Made myself a coffee and went out to see my girls (our 2 Golden retrievers) While sitting out on the veranda I saw Julie pull up in her car, she had just dropped her daughter to crèche and popped in for a cuppa. So we had a good catch up and then after receiving quite a few text messages thought I better get into gear and get ready as we had planned to go to the beach with Jacinta, Amanda and kids. Josh must have been so tired from the night before that he didn't wake until 10am. by the time we got ourselves ready and packed and said goodbye to Julie we headed out to Lainie’s to pick up Lillian and then head to Jacinta's.

Had a cuppa at Jacinta’s and got to see all the work they have been doing around their house, they certainly have been working ever so hard and its looking amazing! I cant wait to see their new front fence as the wooden posts they had delivered are massive and beautiful. I also go to see Tiny's (Jacinta’s dog) puppy. She only had one puppy on the 21st of December and ohh my he is ever so adorable! They have named him Bolt and he is a chubby ball of cuteness.

IMG_7269

We headed off and met Amanda at Mornington Beach. We waited a while and it seemed as though Amanda wasn't coming, it was only when she called that we discovered we were at the wrong beach ugh! Luckily Amanda didn't mind coming to us as Jacinta & I had fully unpacked and kids were already swimming. Us girls got to laze about while the kids paddled in the shallow water, they found starfish, squid and were having so much fun together. I got to snap a pic of Amanda in her bikini’s with her gorgeous baby belly, I cant believe she only has another 9 weeks to go!

IMG_7275

After a good 3 hours I felt it was time to head home, I could feel I had been in the sun too long and Lillian was getting so tired she was about to fall asleep, we said our goodbyes and headed home.

When we got home we saw that Damian had been ever so busy he had already erected our pool and was filling it! Not only that but he had also finished rigging up the new watering system for the garden. The kids were so excited about the pool and wanted to get in even though it was only a 1/4 full, we let them in for a quick splash.

I got a text message from Julie as she wanted to come round for a few drinks, I was keen as well so waited for her to arrive then we both headed out to feed my horses. I made a quiche for dinner and we got to sit and relax out in our shed while we chatted the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment