Monday, January 25, 2010

b’day boy

I still cant believe my little man turned 9 years old today. He is growing up so much and I'm ever so proud to be called his mum!

He had a tonne of phone calls all day and was quite happy to ride his bike and play with his sister for most of the morning, that was until he got a call from his mate Toby. He wanted to come around for a play and within no time at all he was here. The boys kept themselves occupied while Lilly and I started to get organized for the mini party we were having that evening. We did a quick shop at the supermarket and then made a start on the most important thing for the evening … the birthday cake! Joshua wanted chocolate of course and I decided to make my no fail milk choc mud cake. It took over 2 hours and I was so worried it wouldn't cool in time so we cheated and popped it into the fridge. I then made a start on making my favourite crispy Thai salad and then spruced up the shed ready for everyone to arrive.

Toby’s dad came to pick him up and then I made my way out to feed the ponies and grab a few things down the street which I forgot to grab when shopping earlier in the day.

Jacinta and family were the first to arrive as we had invited them to dinner but seeing as Damian was late getting the dinner ready we had to serve it while everyone was here. I was really happy as pretty much everyone turned up except of course for my Dad but that's a long story, my sister was late as her son Kai wasn't feeling all that well and was getting dropped off later. We held out until he got there so he wouldn't miss out on singing happy birthday to Josh. Here are some of the pics …

IMG_7362

IMG_7365

Jacinta, Craig and kids stayed for a few hours after everyone left and we had a few drinks and chatted away, they are such great company and I'm ever so lucky to have re-kindled my friendship with her as she is a one in a million kind of friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment