Friday, January 22, 2010

just might happen

The people who put in an offer on the house we are renting are meant to be coming today to have a final inspection, I wanted the place to be spotless because if they are to be my new landlords then I want to make a good impression! So I fussed over the house for most of the morning. I was meant to go and watch Jeannie’s dog Simba in her doggy paddle class but Jacinta messaged and said she was popping in for a cuppa. I heard the dogs barking outside and a few beeps of a horn and when I looked outside to see who it was I got a shock to see Jacinta riding on a scooter …

IMG_7355

The Real Estate and possible new owners turned up around 3pm they stayed for a good hour and asked loads of questions, I felt in some ways bad reeling off all the down sides to the house but if it was me buying a property I would not want to buy such an expensive investment and not know the good and the bad. They seemed like lovely people and I secretly wished they would buy so that this whole annoying experience of having drive bys and people coming through the house over and done with.

Jacinta, Craig & kids turned up while Damian took Lilly to Nicole’s. We got ourselves ready and headed to Retro. We were told the last time we were there that we would be able to bring the kids in so that they could see the band play but we would not be able to stay for long, there was a bit of confusion at the door and it looked like we would have to go home but after the band members came out to see us they remembered who we were and said that it should be fine if we were to only stay for a few songs. The kids loved it and it was amazing to see the look on their faces when they heard a real band belt out some fantastic tunes, we stayed for nearly an hour. Jacinta said to head back to their place for a few more drinks so we stopped at home to get Josh his scooter and a change of clothes as he was going to stay the night there and also picked Lilly up from Nicole’s.

We ended up having such a great night, we chatted all night long and before we knew it was 3.30am and we had to head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment