Friday, January 8, 2010

A bit of R&R

After such an eventful day yesterday a nice relaxing day at home with the kids was in order. They were both meant to be going on the school holiday program again but Josh had a tumble on his bike yesterday and his arm looked quite sore so i didn't think swimming in a heated chlorinated pool was a good idea, I also decided to keep Lillian home as I didn't like the idea of her going by herself due to her age plus she wasn't that keen on going once she knew Josh wasn't.

Lainie’s husband was picked up by his apprentice and headed to work, not long after Damian left, which just left Lainie, the kids and myself. we plodded around for a bit then Lainie headed home. I let the kids pretty much do what they wanted today as I knew it was going to be hot and didn't want to hassle them too much. Josh opted for some play station while Lillian was content colouring in pictures, she amazes me how talented she is for her age, she is already staying in between the lines and holds, pencils perfectly.

After lunch Scott called in for a visit and that's when I decided to get off the computer and get organized for the afternoon and evening ahead. Damian finished work nice and early and was home by 2pm. The weather heated up so quickly that we all jumped into the pool to cool off, we stayed in there for a few hours and then before we knew it the sun was behind clouds and it cooled off nicely.

Mum and Ron came to pick Josh up as it’s his turn to spend a few days with them, he was very excited and what's better is that I know what Mum and Ron were going to surprise him with!!! Seeing as its his 9th birthday in 2 weeks they wanted to get him a pet budgie, seeing as his beloved pair of lorikeets died a few years ago he has really missed having birds. Mum & Ron asked last week if we approved and would allow them to get a cage and baby budgie for him, Damian wasn't that impressed but I knew I couldn't say know as I know how much Josh loves all animals and I know he will love and take care of this bird the best he can.

Once they left I headed out to feed my ponies, it was about 8.30 by the time I got there and seeing as it was nice and cool and no flies about I cleaned the paddock up as much as possible before it got dark.

For the rest of the night we just watched movies and relaxed it was one of those great days!

My photo for the day is my bikini top haha, it has served me well I've had it for a few good years and it teams up nicely with any bottoms or shorts I may wear …

2010-01-09 00-16-22

No comments:

Post a Comment