Thursday, January 14, 2010

skin deep

I woke up excited as ever this morning, today is the day I finally get my long awaited tattoo. Its been over 15 years since I had my last tattoo and I've had this design for so long but always seem to put it off as something always pops up, bills, kids clothes etc etc. My appointment was for 10.30am I managed to get A.J. to crèche and Lilly up to Lainie’s by 10am, the boys stayed at home seeing as Damian wasn't feeling all that well, Kai was meant to go to school care but he refused, I think he thought staying at my place swimming in the pool with his cuz was  a much better idea.

When I arrived at the tattoo studio, I was informed that James (the guy who was doing my tattoo) had gone to the post office and I should grab a coffee and relax, it didn't take too long and he was back although he had to head back down to the post office as there was a mix up. When he did get back from his running around it was 11am, we went through the sketch of what I wanted tattooed and he explained to me he would have to make some adjustments so that as I age it doesn't distort etc He said he would need another half an hour to trace the final design so i went off to get a huge coffee to calm my nerves. I was in the chair and ready to go about 11.30am. Once he placed the trace on to my back I had a quick look in the mirror and that's when the adrenaline hit, I was wrapped at how it was going to look! I honestly thought that it was going to be extremely painful and that I might need a few breaks but after the first 5 minutes I was fine and weirdly enough didn't even think about stopping, anything to do with touching my back usually sends me off to sleep and I thought for a few moments there I was going to drift off haha Once James finished the outline he had to take a phone call so that gave me the chance to nick out for a quick smoke, when I got back in the chair he started the shading and joining all the cross over points, filling in details etc, this part of the tattoo didn't hurt at all compared to the outline. By 2.30pm it was all over and done with, I couldn't believe how quick the time went by! Now for the big test, viewing in the mirror … and the verdict … freaking awesome!!! Oh my goodness I was one happy girl!

I headed straight home to show Damian as he was my biggest concern, he does not like tattoos on girls and I think this is one of my main reasons for not getting anymore work done over the past 10 years LOL He was still in bed and I had to plead with him to get out so he could have a look. He said from what he could see (as the tattoo was covered in plastic wrap and tape for protection) he liked what he saw, that just made my day!

I headed out to get Lilly from Lainie’s house and had a much deserved beer. Even Lainie like the tatt which is great because I don't think she is that keen on them either. Lilly and I then headed over to feed our boys and then finally got back home. I got Damian to take some pics of my tattoo seeing as I was going to leave the dressing off while we were out and re-dress before bed …

IMG_7338

IMG_7337

I had to really hassle the boys to get out of the pool, they looked like shrivelled up prunes as they had been in there for hours but Kai and Adam were getting picked up at 5pm. Bree and Adam’s Dad didn't get here until 5.30 so that put Damian and I a little behind time as we had to get ready to go out for dinner. Shannon turned up not long after and then Jacinta was here to pick us up, finally we were off to have a great night out with friends.

We went to the Retronome in Rye for dinner and to see the live band. When we walked in we were like ‘Wow this is like stepping into the 80’s"’ They had done such an amazing job on decorating. To be honest we were a little worried about how the night was going to be because it was so quiet there, and felt a bit sorry for the band as there was only a few people inside listening to them, we were being snobs sitting outside drinking and smoking for ages, then after a few too many drinks we were up and inside hitting the dance floor. They played some awesome tunes and we loved it, so much so that I want to go back there as soon as possible! We headed back to my place for a few night caps and were in shock when we discovered Shannon was not there and he had taken the kids!! It seems that we took too long to get home and he took the kids back to his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment