Tuesday, January 26, 2010

aussie aussie

Its a public holiday around Australia so that we all get to relax and enjoy the day and celebrate everything that is wonderful about Australia.

It would have to be the first time in as long as I can remember that we haven't gone out to celebrate we decided after the big day and night that we had for Joshua's birthday that we would take the opportunity and spend the day together.

It was very frustrating for Josh on the other hand as he couldn't understand why all the shops would be closed and why he couldn't go down the street to shop for new toys or games that he got with his birthday money.

I decided to get out in the garden and harvest as much fruit as I could before it all over ripens as i want to make some jams and sauces. I only harvested 2 branches from the plum tree and my basket was so full and heavy that I decided that was enough for  the day, I also harvested some more nectarines and apples. Some of the apples weren't all that flash but they were too good to throw away so Lilly and I bagged them up and thought they were be perfect for our ponies.

Lilly and I headed out to see our ponies and clean their paddock, I was worried about taking Lilly out to help clean as she usually lasts half an hour and then wants to go home but I was so proud of how hard she worked, oh and the ponies loved their apples!

My photo of the day is of my son josh in his Aussie hat that his Nana and Ronpa gave him …

IMG_7390 

Oh and I forgot to post my photo for Sunday, its of my cookery book, I have had this since I was at school and has served me very well. I was going through it the other day as I want to make an apple tea cake using the apples from our tree …

IMG_7386

No comments:

Post a Comment