Monday, January 11, 2010

sort & delete

Another shocking day of extreme heat is forecast for today and by 10am I had the fan on inside and the kids were hassling me to go into the pool. I had put chlorine in the night before so wanted to be sure it was ok for the kids to swim and made them hang out for a bit longer so I swayed them into watching some movies first. After the second movie we were all sweating and couldn't take it any longer. The pool was icy cold and was just the thing for us to cool down. No sooner had I got out but I wanted back in as the heat was unbearable. After checking the temp online and saw that it was over 40oC I headed straight back to the pool. I really felt for our animals, poor Sasha and Hunny with their big fluffy coats were really panting and just couldn't find any relief, I had to keep checking on Hunny as she was looking rather bothered and I didn't think she was coping too well at all. Ozzy our cat found his perfect spot right under the fan and didn't move the whole day! The chickens hid under the house and didn't make an appearance until late afternoon it was the most uncomfortable day we’d experienced so far this summer.

Sasha trying to escape the heat by lazing about on the cold tiles …

2010-01-13 10-41-49

Late afternoon I managed to venture inside while still damp from the pool and got some relief from the fan blowing on me and I decided it was well overdue to clean up my laptop and delete as much stuff as I didn't need, also had time to organize a lot of my files. Didn't take too long and I was heading back to the pool.

Damian called and said that his car had broken down, of all days I couldn't think of anything worse, stuck on a freeway in this heat and the car aint working. There was nothing I could do as I had no fuel and we had no money until the next day, it was the most frustrating thing to be sitting here waiting and wondering what was happening and all the time knowing it would be at least another 6 degrees hotter where he is. We called everyone we knew and it seemed that everyone else was in the same boat with money and couldn't help us out. Thank goodness for my Mum, she lived about half hour from where Damian’s car broke down and went to pick him up, I was so worried he was going to dehydrate. Mum took him back to her place for a shower and fresh clothes and also gave him dinner. Damian’s Dad met him at his car and was able to give him a jump start and finally Damian was able to come home! The poor bugger didn't get back till after 11pm and he looked so drained. Turns out that it is either his fuel filter, fuel pump or something to do with the oil, probably a combination of all and the heat just pushed the car to that point of breaking down.

After a hectic afternoon and evening we were finally able to get some peaceful and much needed shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment