Saturday, February 13, 2010

busy bees

The kids and I were up early as they had little athletics. Its so hard when Damian cant come as I'm only able to go round with one kid and I usually go round with Lilly because she's still at that cheeky age and doesn't listen as well as Joshua does. Lilly’s first event was hurdles, she came 3rd and still got a PB! We really need to work on her starts as she still takes a step back when the gun goes off, she’s not afraid of the gun its just a bad habit she has. She then had 70m sprint, once again she took a step back she came 2nd overall and was oh so close to catching the boy but she did come first out of the girls and yep another PB! We then headed off to vortex which is what they use for the young kids until they are old enough to use the javelin, I was so surprised at how well she threw it this time round, i think buying her one for Christmas has really helped and yep another PB! Her last event for the morning was discus, her technique has really improved and she threw the discus over 4 metres so yep another PB for the week. Josh also did very well, he was a little upset he didn't get any PB’s this week but he ran so well in the 100m sprint and his technique has really improved with discus. We had to head off early so unfortunately Joshua was unable to complete all of his events, we walked home and got ready for Hayden’s Birthday party at Wild Child indoor centre.

I dropped the kids off and organized to have someone drop them home as I had to get the house clean for open house inspection. John dropped the kids off me which was a great help and I managed to have the house spotless just in time for all the people to look through, they had 3 families come through and one couple seemed very interested, so much so that they came back for a second inspection an hour later!

By the time all that was done and dusted it was 4pm!  I felt so drained for some reason and decided to have a nana nap, I set my alarm as I still had to head out to feed the ponies. I didn't even hear Damian come home and when I finally did wake up it was already 8pm. We decided to cheat and have a take away again which is so unlike us to do more than once a fortnight but seeing as my finger is so sore from cutting it on the glass yesterday and swollen I cant make too many things unless I get help from Damian.

While Damian was down the street getting our dinner I got a call to say Sasha was down the beach so off I went to get her, she is really driving us crazy, I don't want to get rid of her as I think its unfair for her to be shuffled from one owner to another but then I'm so worried about her going on the roads as she doesn't have much road sense, so my plan for tomorrow is to place some corrugated iron over the fence she is jumping and hope that it will deter her, however I know she will just find another place to get out ugh!

My photo of the day is of my jewellery stand, after cleaning the bathroom today and re-arranging all my goodies on it I thought Id take a pic seeing as Lilly is infatuated by it and every now and then I find a set of earrings in her room so while they are all here and accounted for Id capture it LOL ….

IMG_7463

No comments:

Post a Comment